Terms and Conditions
Please ensure you take time to read our Terms and Conditions. These form the basis of our agreement for your training. Our Terms and Conditions are applicable to ALL training.
Section 1 - General conditions relating to all training and courses
1) The booking of any training courses offered by Billy's Bike Training (The "ATB" - Authorised Training Body) Confirms that you ("the student") have read and agree in full to our terms and conditions.
2) Instructors working on behalf of the ATB are authorised by the DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency) and possess the necessary qualifications as required to provide motorcycle training to the student. DVSA regulations will be fully adhered to at all times during training.
3) All balances are due before commencement of training. Where a deposit is applicable this is highlighted on the Prices page.
4) You must provide us with your licence number, postcode and national insurance number at the time of booking, and you hereby agree to allow staff of the ATB to conduct checks with the DVLA to ensure you have motorcycle entitlement, and no endorsements or points which are unsuitable for our insurance.
5) i) You must bring your licence on the day of your training, which must be valid for use in the UK. Failure to do this will result in your training being cancelled with no refund.
5) ii) If you are attending for test it is YOUR responsibility to bring with you, and produce to the examiner, your valid licence, theory test, CBT, and in the case of a mod 2 test you must also bring your signed mod 1 certificate. Failure to bring these items will result in the DVSA terminating the test and you will lose the test fee with no refund. Please note in this case there is also no refund on bike hire and instructor charges.
6) If you have an EU licence then your licence must be accompanied by a D91 counterpart from the DVLA. Failure to obtain this will result in your training being cancelled with no refund.
7) Your training may be cancelled at the sole discretion of the instructor if you are deemed to be in an unfit state to take part in your training. This includes if the instructor has grounds to believe you are incapacitated through illness or injury you have not disclosed, alcohol, drugs, have an inappropriate attitude to motorcycling, your safety or that of other road users, give threats or display innappropriate behaviour of any kind, or for any other reason the instructor deems relevant at their sole discretion. In these cases you will lose any fees you have paid with no refunds.
8) The student is responsible for any fine, endorsement or penalty due to their riding. The student agrees to take full responsibility and fully indemnify the ATB, staff and instructors from any and all fines, endorsements or penalities from any violations of the road traffic act they commit.
9) In the case of any violations of the road traffic act where the police request details of the rider of the machine when it is a student, the student accepts the ATB has a legal duty to provide the details of the student to the relevant authorities.
10) For training of any type - you must ensure you are wearing a minimum of denim jeans and walking boots (or other footwear that covers the ankles) we have a duty of care to you and for hygiene reasons cannot supply legwear and footwear. It is your responsibility to bring these items. Failure to provide the aforementioned will result in the cancellation of your training with no refunds.
Section 2 - Injury
1) Instructors will at all times to the best of their abilities attempt to prevent you from coming to any harm. However it must be appreciated by its nature riding a motorcycle or moped carries risks. The instructor is very limited as to their physical control of your machine, you are in sole command of the machine and all control inputs.
2) The ATB, nor it's instructors or staff, are responsible for any injury you incur during your training or at any time after your training has concluded. You agree to indemnify us from all claims resulting from any injury, or loss or damage that you may incur during training or after your training has concluded.
3) The insurance cover in place provides third party only coverage for students. You are advised to take out additional insurance at your discretion. We do not have a personal accident policy of any kind in force.
Section 3 - Using your own machine
1) If you wish to use your own machine you must make this known to the ATB at the time of booking. We will require the registration number and you hereby agree that we may use this to ascertain the machine is taxed and has valid MOT.
2) It is your responsibility to ensure the roadworthiness of your own machine. An MOT does not prove beyond the day of test that the machine is roadworthy. The instructor will perform a basic examination of your machine to ensure it is safe and legal to use on the road. If it is found unsuitable you will have the option to use an ATB bike at additional cost.
3) The ATB and/or instructors are not responsible for breakdown of your machine or for any mechanical problems encountered.
4) The security of your own machine remains your responsibility, we are not liable for loss, theft or damage to your machine at any time.
5) You must provide a valid certificate of insurance on the day of training for your own machine.
Section 4 - Refunds
1) Any deposits paid are non-refundable - as well as covering the bank charges these also cover the administration costs of booking you onto the course therefore there are no refunds of deposits unless section 4) paragraph 1i) applies, please see below
i) Cancellations by ourselves - if for any unforeseen reason we have to cancel your course you will be given the option of a refund or to move your booking. Please note upon moving your booking this part i) does not continue and you will lose your deposit if you cancel as per paragraph 1).
2) For CBT courses you must give a minimum of 3 full working days notice to cancel. If you give less you will be liable for the full fee again if you rebook.
3) For Full licence training NOT INCLUDING test days, you must give a minimum of 3 full working days notice to cancel. If you give less you will lose your deposit and will be liable for the full fee again if you rebook.
4) For full licence training INCLUDING test days you must give a minimum of 11 full working days notice to cancel. This is due to the DVSA terms of booking your test. If you give less you will lose your test fees and deposit.
Section 5 - Conditions relating specifically to CBT Courses
1) Please arrive at least 10 minutes early for the start of your CBT course. You will be informed of the prompt start time of your course when booking.
2) If you arrive more than 10 minutes late for the start of your training you will not be allowed to undertake your CBT and will lose your deposit. The CBT has a set syllabus from the DVSA which must be fully covered and thus MUST start on time.
3) There are no part refunds for elements not completed
Section 6a - Conditions relating specifically to A2 & A Courses (including DAS (Direct Access Scheme)
1) You must be at least 19 years of age to ride an A2 motorcycle (max of 47bhp) , and 24 (or have had an a2 licence for two years) to ride anything over this, including category A motorcycles.
2) The decision as to whether you have enough control of, and are capable of riding, a big bike, lies with the instructor whose decision will be final in all circumstances. In certain circumstanes the instructor may keep you on a 125cc machine until they are satisfied you have acheived a sufficient ability before you move to a bigger machine.